Tell the truth!
The government must tell the truth about the life-threatening climate breakdown and the ecological crisis, and of the necessity of quick and pervasive adjustment.
The government must act now in order to stop the destruction of the biosphere and the mass extinction of species, and reduce climate gas emissions to net zero by 2025.
Strengthen the democracy!
The government must establish and listen to the decisions of an advisory, representative citizens assembly to ensure a just transition to a sustainable society.
10 principles and values
- WE HAVE A SHARED VISION OF CHANGE
Creating a world that is fit for generations to come.
- WE SET OUR MISSION ON WHAT IS NECESSARY
Mobilising 3.5% of the population to achieve system change – using ideas such as “Momentum-driven organising” to achieve this.
- WE NEED A REGENERATIVE CULTURE
Creating a culture which is healthy, resilient and adaptable.
- WE OPENLY CHALLENGE OURSELVES AND THIS TOXIC SYSTEM
Leaving our comfort zones to take action for change.
- WE VALUE REFLECTING AND LEARNING
Following a cycle of action, reflection, learning, and planning for more action. Learning from other movements and contexts as well as our own experiences.
- WE WELCOME EVERYONE AND EVERY PART OF EVERYONE
Working actively to create safer and more accessible spaces.
- WE ACTIVELY MITIGATE FOR POWER
Breaking down hierarchies of power for more equitable participation.
- WE AVOID BLAMING AND SHAMING
We live in a toxic system, but no one individual is to blame.
- WE ARE A NON-VIOLENT NETWORK
Using non-violent strategy and tactics as the most effective way to bring about change.
- WE ARE BASED ON AUTONOMY AND DECENTRALISATION
We collectively create the structures we need to challenge power. Anyone who follows Extinction Rebellion's values and principles can take action in the name of Extinction Rebellion.