In the newsletters for XR Oslo we give you a series of interviews with the people who make up the local group. In this column you will get to know the faces behind the workgroups of XR Oslo, read about what drives them and gain insight in how they work.
Georgiana Keable works as a storyteller and leader at Fortellerhuset. Georgiana is also an author. She has written the book The Natural Storyteller – 48 stories about man as a part of nature.
- I am currently enjoying writing a new book. It will be something similar, only for small children, says Georgiana.
She has been with XR since February 2019 and fills the role as an external coordinator in Artivisme Oslo. The Artivisme-group stands for the artistic aspect of the rebellion and the art is everything but uniform and drab.
- Artivisme is a fantastic set of people. We have fun and work hard. Every second week we rehearse with our choir. Singing is usually a part of our actions, which gives a very different impression than shouting. Then we have the Red Rebels who have just started off but are growing quickly. Their performance is quiet, weird and emotional. I think we will see more of them in the actions that are coming. Something completely new is DISCObedience. We will have a workshop about just that on Wednesday, January 29th, at 17:00-19:00, says Georgiana.
Despite an already varied catalogue, the artivism-group is looking for more contributions.
- We will need musicians and artist of all kinds for the Oslo-rebellion. Creativity in all forms is welcome, says Georgiana.
- Why have you chosen XR as your arena for your environmental activism?
- It is necessary to act now. XR gives me the energy to act. As a breathing, thinking, feeling being with the possibility to contribute, she says.
Artivisme is arranging a work group every Wednesday 17:00-19:00 at Greenhouse.